Tuesday 16 December 2014

Christmas time


 
 
 

In a week we will be spending Christmas at my mum's house in England.  We are so ready for the break; the children need a school holiday and we're all looking forward to seeing my family.  Here, the house has been in Christmas mode for a couple of weeks.  I'm not a huge fan of Christmas but I do enjoy the month of December.  I like to make this period special for the kids; I'm pretty sure they'll remember our traditions and moments spent together rather than which presents they received.  I'm also hopefully creating special memories for myself to look back on later in life.

Truthfully, last Christmas was a blur.  I was doing a job which involved many hours away from home and I had only one day's holiday.  It was a stressful and emotional time.  I had recently lost both grandmothers and I remember trying to hold it together for the family's sake.  My mum had wrapped up and sent an old ring found in my grandmother's house; she knew I would not only appreciate having it but that also I needed it at that time.  Actually it hasn't left my finger for a year.  So this Christmas will definitely be different, there will much more family time, rest and s l o w days.  I hope you too have an enjoyable and cosy Christmas with loved ones.  Joyeux Noël!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your Christmas was peacful and gave lots of good moments for all of you! Your home looks beautiful in Christmas mode, and I am sure the kids will remember all of it! We did the same as you, and took away to my mom's place for a couple of days - and now when we are back in Cph again, I feel how good it was for us. Love, Inger Marie. PS: Frida Viola has been insisting on wearing Anya's red skirt throughout all December - thinking it is the best outfit for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete